Bayleaf is committed to the protection of the environment and is obligated to minimise the impact we have on it.
This commitment extends to all our activities, wherever they take place, which have the potential to adversely affect the environment.
We aim to reduce environmental harm, minimise the use of energy and other resources and ensure that the principles of sustainable development are operated throughout the range of activities in which we are engaged.
“Bayleaf believes that we do not own this planet; we merely hold it in trust for our children and for the future generations as yet unseen. We are committed to preserving the natural environment; to reducing or eliminating any negative impacts our actions may have; and to controlling and avoiding pollution within our operations and the services we provide”.
We pursue this commitment by:
- Reducing, and where reasonably practicable, eliminating any adverse impact on the environment arising from the activities of our business;
- Minimising the use of energy, resources consumed and waste produced while undertaking our business activities in a safe and professional manner;
- Supporting the re-use and recycling of materials and ensuring the safe and legal disposal of all waste arising from the activities of the business;
- Complying with relevant environmental legislation and, where practical, with codes of practice, industrial standards and other requirements, such as those specified by our clients;
- Identifying the significant environmental aspects and impacts from current activities and services of our business;
- Informing and training our staff in understanding and fulfilling their environmental responsibilities and those of the company;
- Establishing and measure environmental performance against objectives and/or targets;
- Continually monitoring our performance against stated objectives to improve our environmental performance.
We all have a responsibility for working in an environmentally friendly manner; the involvement and participation of everyone will be actively sought and encouraged.