A supportive environment
At Bayleaf Facilities Management, we’re ‘a family’ and we do what it takes to support and reward our own. Our people deserve the very best managers and they get them, along with the opportunity to grow and develop both as teams and individuals. Why not discover our office cleaning vacancies today?See vacancies Submit your CV
We’re passionate about what we do and are proud that our client satisfaction and retention is high. We make efforts to exceed client expectations and suggest options to ensure needs are met. Our people deserve the very best managers…and they get them.See vacancies Submit your CV
All Bayleaf Facilities Management vacancies
Part-time HR Recruitment Administrator *NEW
Bayleaf Facilities Management has been cleaning for London based clients for over 2 decades, so we know the importance of recruiting the right candidates to be part of our family and help us exceed our customers’ expectations. We have a lot to celebrate lately – we are a re-shaped, re-energised brand of honesty, transparency and accountability! In the rise to becoming a true London cleaning leader, our company continuous to deliver the dream to local businesses and making their premises our passion. We are a fair and ethical employer, who believes in investing in our people and making a difference to the clients we serve. If this sounds like a brand you would like to be part of, consider joining our team and apply today!
We are looking for a part-time HR Recruitment Administrator to join the HR Department. In this role, the HR Recruitment Administrator will engage, interview and monitor all aspects of the process for onboarding new starters. You will be part of the HR team managing the recruitment and retention of new starters. You will also support the HR team with all admin duties, including offer letters, contracts and acceptance e-mails in a timely and accurate manner.
Additional Job details include, but is not limited to:
- Advertise and promote vacancies on social media
- Be part of and support all new starters through their probationary period
- Coordinate with HR team to resolve any issues/concerns raised by a new starter
- Document information in database as needed
- Follow up with new starters
The ideal candidate will participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relative to all new colleagues and the onboarding process itself, assist in new starter generic training as needed and keep abreast of all current legislative and company policy & procedure.
- 2 years’ administrative/customer service experience
- 2 years’ recruitment/HR experience
- Be a whiz on social media
- Flexibility/adaptability/patience/high tolerance
- Time management/multi-tasking/excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal & written)
- Proficient with computers
- Attention to detail
- Speak Spanish and English
- A ‘people’s person’
Being part of an existing network of cleaners, would be an advantage.
Hours per week: 25 preferably 10am to 3pm Monday to FridaySend your CV
- Key Account Manager, Central London *NEW
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Contract Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for upholding our company values of Self-Responsibility, Creative, Supportive and Respectful in all aspects of our day and to ensure the company is always represented in a professional and positive manner within our most prestigious account.
You will monitor and manage all service activities across the allocated sites, ensuring quality standards and regularly review existing service provisions to ensure they are still meeting standards required in line with budgetary requirements.
The successful candidate will have proven experience working across multiple sectors in Facilities Management with evidence of leading high performing teams as well as the ability to manage, develop and motivate direct reports and teams.
- Regularly meet with clients to review existing and proposed service provisions including Auditing
- Review costs to ensure budgets remain aligned and on target and increase profitability
- Establish rapport with clients and reinforce a positive company image
- Manage the service delivery ensuring a proactive and efficient service which is innovative and continuously improving
- Improve customer perception by devising systems to market and communicate any new legislation or change of practice to the client
- Ensure all site information is maintained and updated in accordance with procedures and Service Level Agreements
- Produce and / or assist with quotations and preparation of financial information and ensure full understanding of budgetary information in order to understand the importance of correct pricing
- Lead and manage your team on all aspects of their roles, Company policies and procedures to ensure that they clearly understand and take ownership of their area of responsibility
- Proactively respond to client requests to deliver an efficient and responsive service and performance manage as necessary
- Materials Budget Control, Wages Budget Control, Responsible for delivering retention targets
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills (Bilingual, English – Spanish) preferably, with the ability to confidently and credibly engage and influence clients, partners and employees
- Organisational and time management skills
- Track record in the Cleaning Industry in particular BoH/FoH and Hospitality experience and able to deal with high demand of kitchen porters, cleaners and room attendants.
- An ability to prioritize workload and solve problems having always customer focus at heart
- Experience of managing multiple cleaning contracts including retail, offices, F&B, venues
- Ability to liaise and work professionally with clients and staff.
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional and quality customer service through audits
- An excellent understanding of HR policies and procedures with knowledge of legislative framework for contracting, including TUPE transfers
- Experience of people management including performance management, employee relations, recruitment & selection, resource planning, inductions and training.
- An understanding of Health & Safety regulations and best practice.
- Experience of delivering COSHH training and producing risk assessments.
- Experience of finance and budgetary control and ability to manage profit and loss
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, with the ability to produce presentations.
This is a full time & permanent role. Should you be interested please apply today. Salary available upon request.Send your CV
- Cleaning (Working) Supervisor, Central London *NEW
At Bayleaf Facilities Management we like to do things differently and make sure our people are encouraged and supported to promote personal growth. We are a fair and ethical employer, who believe in investing in our people and making a difference to the clients we serve.
We have an exciting new opportunity availability! We are looking for a dynamic working Supervisor to join our team. We can offer you between 30 to 40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday, shift based with set days off. What we expect in return:
- A clear understanding on the importance of exceeding client expectations when you can
- A can-do attitude
- An eye for detail
- Ability to follow instructions and be a role model
So, if you are you looking for a new challenge and you want to feel proud of your achievements – please apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, PermanentSend your CV
- Cleaning Operatives/Room Attendants, Central London
Do you spend 100% of your time doing what you do best? If not, apply today to find out how a cleaning operative role with Bayleaf is more than just a cleaning job, we are family, and feel great about your achievements.
- Kitchen Porters/House Porters/Night Porters, Central London
We are a fair and ethical employer, who believes in investing in our people and making a difference to the clients we serve. If you share our energy and passion, please apply today.
- Your next position?
We are always on the lookout for experienced cleaners to share our culture rich organisation. Are you willing to develop yourself further and put the expectations of our clients before anything else? Then you’re in the right place – apply today.
At our Bayleaf Academy, we’ll support you with your career progression through completion of different training programs. Each level that’s successfully completed comes with a financial token of recognition and reward. We can offer you the industry standard training, plus the opportunity to develop your own skills, knowledge and behaviour through our in-house customer service success program.
Send us your CV
If you’d like to become part of our close-knit team, please send your CV and covering letter using the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.Fill out my online form.